This training course is intended for paddlers, coaches and volunteers irrespective of craft or discipline choice, and is available in either bank-based or boat-based option.
The FSRT training course forms the fundemental skills needed to operate safely and deal with common emergencies in a sheltered water environment. These skills then form the foundations for safety and rescue throughout British Canoeing awards.
The objective of this training course is to teach simple and safe skills that can provide the tools to problem solve simple common paddling scenarios in flat/sheltered water regardless of the craft.
Candidates will learn:
- Skills which will enable them to ensure the safety of themselves and others
- Appropriate rescue skills which can be used to help themselves and/or others in difficulty
Participants wishing to attend Foundation Safety and Rescue Training at HYMB must be 18 years or over and meet the following requirements:
- Able to swim in normal paddling clothing suitable for the prevailing conditions
Boat-based candidates must also:
- Hold the current 2 Star Award or be of equivalent ability due to the paddling environment and the boat control required to complete the course
- Bank-based participants attending the course are not required to hold the British Canoeing 2 Star Award. However, they should be prepared to fully participate in all relevant aspects of the course
A first aid certificate is not a pre-requisite. However holding a first aid certificate is strongly recommended for all paddlers.
Course price inclusive of Certification fees.
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training - FSRT
2nd May 2020
9:30 am - 4:00 pm