The course introduces and explains the basic techniques and develops an understanding of SUP. The course is a mix of theory and practical activity to ensure everyone has time to try things out. Participants will work towards understanding the core skills, while building specific techniques to aid the enjoyment, fun and progress their skills using a SUP.
By the end of this module participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the worldwide development of the sport and the role of the various bodies on the field including British Canoeing, Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI), British Stand Up Paddleboard Association (BSUPA), Sport England and Adventure Activities Licencing Service (AALS).
- Understand equipment design, size and modification to suit individual requirements.
- Provide a background to the various disciplines within SUP paddling and the specific techniques that apply to each.
- Understand the different types of board available, their characteristics and the different techniques used on them.
- Understanding of handling an SUP efficiently.
The module is aimed at anyone who is interested in developing their SUP knowledge. There are no registration requirements before attending the course.
Candidates need to be age 18 or over.
Upon completion of the Stand Up Paddleboard Support Module HYMB will submit successful participants for certification. British Canoeing will then issue a certificate of attendance, subject to the following fees:
- £17.50 for members (UK or Republic of Ireland Resident)
- £25.00 for non-members (UK or Republic of Ireland Resident)
- £20.00 for members (Overseas Resident)
- £27.50 for non-members (Overseas Resident)
- BC Sup Module
10th October 2020
9:30 am - 4:00 pm